BIRDING Q AND A (623)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Help needed re timing of putting out bird feeders, please!

I need help from those of you who take their bird feeders in for the summer.  I realize this year may be different but I'd like to know whe…

Started by Gail

9 Aug 19, 2017
Reply by Gail

Reporter looking for Young Birders

Hi!  My name is Katrina and I'm a reporter with The Daily Gleaner in Fredericton. I'm interested in writing a story about young people gett…

Started by Katrina Clarke

2 Aug 18, 2017
Reply by Katrina Clarke

Would a bat house infringe upon Tree Swallows?

Would welcome feed back regarding installing a bat house and if this would infringe upon the food source of the tree swallows.  I am thinki…

Started by Marilyn Guisset

2 Aug 15, 2017
Reply by Marilyn Guisset

Bird feeders

I'm wondering what the status is for putting our bird feeders back out??

Started by Brian Rignanesi

2 Aug 13, 2017
Reply by Gail

Any idea if this female Goldfinch is ill?

I've had my feeders down for quite a while now but the male and female Goldfinches keep coming to the deck to check.  They've all looked fi…

Started by Gail

2 Aug 4, 2017
Reply by Gail

avian parasite trichomoniasis and suet feeders?

Can anyone clarify if the wire-cage suet feeders are also a risk right now for transmission  of this disease?  I've read about the danger…

Started by Diana Austin

4 Jul 30, 2017
Reply by Gail

New to New Brunswick (wanting to find new birds and butterflies)

Hello, I am going to New Brunswick for a few days at the end of this week. I will be between Moncton & Tracadie - then driving towards…

Started by Dwayne Murphy

2 Jul 25, 2017
Reply by Eric Johnsen

Finch disease

Just a word of caution that the terrible finch disease has arrived in the Doaktown area. I found one very sick purple finch trying to feed…

Started by Budd Lynch

0 Jul 24, 2017

Goldfinch

Many goldfinch are feeding at my four feeders in Shediac. Have not seen any that look sick yet. Should I take down those feeders?  Therese

Started by Therese Bader

5 Jul 18, 2017
Reply by Gail

avian parasite trichomoniasis

Dave Currie, president of the Nova Scotia Bird Society, was on ctv news last evening talking about avian parasite trichomoniasis and how we…

Started by Helen McLaughlin

17 Jul 16, 2017
Reply by Fern Maltais

RSS

© 2018   Created by BNB Host.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service