Environment WatchDogs (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Marc-Andre Villard on Alward's Forestry Plan

Give this a listen:  Good for you Marc-Andre! http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/j-d-irving-scientific-adviser-blindsided-by-new-f

Started by Dwayne Biggar

35 Jul 10, 2014
Reply by Andrew Olive

DEFORESTATION

Started by Roger Richard

0 Apr 27, 2014

Ban on Declawing Cats

Every month or so this cycles through the CBC news from Nova Scotia.  A group is trying to outlaw the practice of declawing cats.   As a bi…

Started by Dwayne Biggar

0 Dec 8, 2013

5,000 - 10,000 migratory songbirds dead at Canaport Natural Gas Plant in Saint John

I'm sure most of you have heard the story, but in case some of you haven't... http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/7-500-songbirds-k

Started by Jeff Clements

2 Sep 17, 2013
Reply by Jeff Clements

Why the monarch butterfly migration may be endangered - CBC

Interesting story ... which is HERE In there under the graph is the answer: King of the herbicides In Canada and the U.S., the monarchs fa…

Started by Jimmy Dee

1 Mar 22, 2013
Reply by Joanne Savage

Rick Mercer

I heard his rant on the radio this afternoon, good one about stopping funding the guys who study and protect Canada's fresh water.  It's on…

Started by Dwayne Biggar

1 Oct 31, 2012
Reply by Dwayne Biggar

Saw this on a T-Shirt

A guy from Ontario came into the shop with this on his Tshirt, I didn't have the guts to ask what Dr. Suzuki thought of his big giant SUV.…

Started by Dwayne Biggar

0 Sep 14, 2012

Scotts Miracle-Gro Fined 12.5 MILLION dollars for knowingly selling tainted bird seed!

Hi all, In the tainted bird seed affair, it has been decide that the company will pay a lot of money for their actions. Read more by clicki…

Started by Denis A. Doucet

5 Sep 8, 2012
Reply by Denis A. Doucet

Charlo couple protecting/restoring dune

Here's a link to a story on CBC this morning, I'm trying to find more info if anyone knows.  I can't imagine 2 people taking this on, I rem…

Started by Dwayne Biggar

3 Aug 1, 2012
Reply by Dwayne Biggar

HERBICIDES

This area is in a priority Butterfly Atlas Square. This looks like herbicide use to me. I have found at least 12 species of butterfly here…

Started by Anne Marsch

3 Jul 22, 2012
Reply by Denis A. Doucet

RSS

© 2017   Created by BNB Host.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service