General Discussion (638)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Birds that nest only in Canada?

I came across a fact and am wondering if anyone can add to the list of birds that nest only in Canada. Now ... I know of two. One is a spec…

Started by Jimmy Dee

26 Mar 6
Reply by Gail

Bobcat

So I'm carrying an arm load of fire wood, kick the garage door opened and come face to face with a bobcat on top of my freezer, chowing dow…

Started by Dwayne Biggar

0 Mar 2

PROSPECTING FOR BIRDS

I'm often asked about some of my food offerings, especially when and where there is no obvious species or it seems out-of-season. "What's t…

Started by RALPH ELDRIDGE

7 Mar 1
Reply by RALPH ELDRIDGE

SNOWY OWL PHOTOGRAPHS

About my latest owl photographs:  The SNOWY OWL traffic here this week seems to be a strong indication that, as has been suggested elsewhe…

7 Feb 27
Reply by Barbara Dougherty

Cornell's GREAT BACKYARD BIRD COUNT is this weekend February 16 - 19, 2018

Just a note to remind those interested that this weekend is the Great Backyard Bird Count..... http://gbbc.birdcount.org/get-started/#.Wo

Started by Gail Taylor

0 Feb 13

URBAN WATERFOWL

Birders in Saint John might want to keep an eye on Major's Brook which runs from the highlands near Morley Crescent, down past McAllister P…

0 Feb 11

NB Winter Bird List 2017-18

Our Winter Bird Count starts on Dec 1st each year and ends on the last day in February.This year we are at a record number of species at pr…

Started by Joanne Savage

25 Jan 31
Reply by Joanne Savage

Congratulations in order

Pretty high honour to Kevin Snair.   https://www.canadianpostagestamps.ca/stamps/18776/hopewell-rocks-nb

Started by Dwayne Biggar

2 Jan 19
Reply by Laura Hare

SAINT GEORGE REPORT

FURRY WARS: UPDATE Most of my readers are aware that I follow a 56 day work cycle and that leaves the home garrison largely unprotected aga…

4 Jan 16
Reply by Gail

Ten Best Birds of 2017

Here are the Ten Best Birds of 2017 as compiled by the NB Bird Records Committee. Common Shelduck, Brown Pelican, Ancient Murrelet, Burrow…

Started by Joanne Savage

5 Jan 1
Reply by Karen Miller

RSS

© 2018   Created by BNB Host.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service