General Discussion (639)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mystery of the Toxic Swans-CTV

Thought Id post in case anyone wanted to watch, it's on now. Heartbreaking...

Started by Kelly-Sue O'Connor

1 Apr 24, 2011
Reply by Kelly-Sue O'Connor

Miramichi Naturalists Club

I'd like to pass on some information on the Miramichi Naturalists Club for those of you who live nearby. We're a fairly small group and new…

Started by Deana Gadd

6 Apr 12, 2011
Reply by Deana Gadd

Wooly Caterpillars??

Out hiking with the dogs I have found at least five caterpillars in the middle of the snowy fields. Where do they come from? Does mother na…

Started by Andrew A

3 Apr 12, 2011
Reply by Denis A. Doucet

Redpoll Attack

I Have never seen so many redpolls at my feeder in all my life. There must have been at least 100. There are more waiting in the trees and…

Started by Bob Betts

4 Apr 12, 2011
Reply by Andrew A

Talking to Woodpeckers

Has anyone ever used a palm nailer.  It drives normal nails with repeated fast hits.  I was using one outside today and every time I drove…

Started by Dwayne Biggar

1 Apr 10, 2011
Reply by Denis A. Doucet

Re: Common Red Polls

I am stilling seeing Common Red Polls in my area.  I was at Rabbit Brook this morning and there was a group of 50 in and around the Sumac a…

Started by Janet L. MacMillan

1 Apr 5, 2011
Reply by Anne Assaff

Re: Peregrines Downtown

I have to go to City Hall tomorrow.  Use to  hate running down there.  I am looking forward to the downtown trip.  You can be bet that I wi…

Started by Janet L. MacMillan

0 Apr 4, 2011

Bird Field Guide Reviews

What is your single favourite field guide and why? Sounds like a pageant question for birders.. Besides the questions I see on this site, I…

Started by Dwayne Biggar

22 Mar 24, 2011
Reply by Dwayne Biggar

Mapleton Park

I spoke to an old friend today who has photographed 140 species of birds in Mapleton Park.  I've been inviting him to join the site, hopefu…

Started by Dwayne Biggar

1 Mar 22, 2011
Reply by Laura Hare

Feeding Millet

Millet is the first choice of most of our sparrows and a few other ground feeders.  Best fed on a raised platform or just spread on the gro…

Started by Dwayne Biggar

3 Mar 7, 2011
Reply by Laura Hare

RSS

© 2018   Created by BNB Host.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service