General Discussion (644)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Re: Common Red Polls

I am stilling seeing Common Red Polls in my area.  I was at Rabbit Brook this morning and there was a group of 50 in and around the Sumac a…

Started by Janet L. MacMillan

1 Apr 5, 2011
Reply by Anne Assaff

Re: Peregrines Downtown

I have to go to City Hall tomorrow.  Use to  hate running down there.  I am looking forward to the downtown trip.  You can be bet that I wi…

Started by Janet L. MacMillan

0 Apr 4, 2011

Bird Field Guide Reviews

What is your single favourite field guide and why? Sounds like a pageant question for birders.. Besides the questions I see on this site, I…

Started by Dwayne Biggar

22 Mar 24, 2011
Reply by Dwayne Biggar

Mapleton Park

I spoke to an old friend today who has photographed 140 species of birds in Mapleton Park.  I've been inviting him to join the site, hopefu…

Started by Dwayne Biggar

1 Mar 22, 2011
Reply by Laura Hare

Feeding Millet

Millet is the first choice of most of our sparrows and a few other ground feeders.  Best fed on a raised platform or just spread on the gro…

Started by Dwayne Biggar

3 Mar 7, 2011
Reply by Laura Hare

Here are 2 more links.

There are some interactive pages from the Crossley Guide on line.  It's a nice way to preview the guide.  http://www.crossleybooks.com/book

Started by Dwayne Biggar

1 Mar 4, 2011
Reply by Laura Hare

Crow Roost

Although I get several calls a week reporting huge numbers of crows roosting at night in Moncton, I hadn't seen it for myself until about 3…

Started by Dwayne Biggar

5 Feb 14, 2011
Reply by Michael Lawlor

Seeking Information

Here's me being lazy again, but when I google it I don't find the info on the name, just the bird. I'm wondering about the name Mésangeai…

Started by Dwayne Biggar

1 Jan 26, 2011
Reply by Ron Arsenault (Halifax, N.S.)

From CBC's As It Happens

And... So this pelican walks into a strip club... No, seriously, folks! People in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia try to get a wayward bird home aft…

Started by Dwayne Biggar

1 Jan 25, 2011
Reply by Laura Hare

Bird Deaths in the U.S. .....

Anyone have any thoughts on the death of so many birds in the states lately ?

Started by Laura Hare

2 Jan 9, 2011
Reply by Laura Hare

RSS

© 2018   Created by BNB Host.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service