All Discussions Tagged '2018' (47)

← Back to Moths of New Brunswick
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pale Lichen Moth (Crambidia pallida) 930219.00 / 8045.1 at Cormierville, Kent Co., NB on 13 AUG 2018

This smallish (12 mm. length) moth is not much to look at and I expect it is overlooked by 'mothers'. There are no images from NB at BugGui…

Started by Stuart Tingley

10 9 hours ago
Reply by Joanne Savage

Clepsis spectrana 620355.00 / 3681.1 - New for The Maritimes - Cormierville, Kent Co., NB 7 AUG 2018

I almost dismissed this micro at my lights on the evening on August 7th but something about it made me think it might not just be one of th…

3 on Monday
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Gerdana caritella - Hodges#1144 New for me. Aug 8, 2018 Quarryville

Found a match quickly in the first plate on MPG.  I kept looking and found 2 more that are somewhat similar..(1842 &1844)...This one se…

Started by Nancy Mullin

6 Aug 10
Reply by Nancy Mullin

A couple of visitors and a couple of new micros....Aug 7-8, 2018 Quarryville

1. Catocala connubialis - Connubial Underwing - Hodges#8877...first of the season!  finally :) Aug 8, 2018 2. Dolba hyloeus - Pawpaw Sph…

Started by Nancy Mullin

6 Aug 9
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Resapamea stipata - Four-lined Borer Moth - Hodges#9393 ID provided by Stuart Aug 8, 2018 Quarryville

I couldn't seem to find this one....so nice to have the help!  New!! wings open

Started by Nancy Mullin

4 Aug 9
Reply by Stuart Tingley

Many Micros!! I have some tiny ones....Aug. 4 and 5th 2018 Quarryville

These seemed to be easy to find ( just a mild headache lol )...only two are found in NB. I checked CNC for the others and they are not lis…

Started by Nancy Mullin

6 Aug 6
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Plusia venusta - White-streaked Looper - Hodges#8953 Aug. 05, 2018 Quarryville

I've wanted this one for a LONG time!!  I had to put the trap on the porch last night because of the rain.  I went out with a little flash…

Started by Nancy Mullin

4 Aug 5
Reply by Joanne Savage

A tropical migrant moth - Variable Narrow-wing (Magusa divaricata) 9637.1 at Cormierville, Kent Co., 1 August 2018

With the weeks of steamy weather and southwest air flow that we have experienced this summer I was expecting this tropical migrant to make…

5 Aug 4
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Tolype velleda - Large Tolype - Hodges#7670 Aug. 2, 2018 Quarryville Trap

Tolype velleda - Large Tolype - Hodges#7670 Aug 2, 2018  NEW!!  Thought it was the Small Tolype, because it was so pale.  However, it's no…

Started by Nancy Mullin

2 Aug 2
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Spoladea recurvalis - Beet Webworm Moth - Hodges#5170 Aug. 1, 2018

Nothing new in the trap.  Found this lad on the siding.....Peterson's calls it the Hawaiian Beet Webworm...:)

Started by Nancy Mullin

12 Aug 2
Reply by Joanne Savage

RSS

© 2018   Created by BNB Host.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service