Since 2010 I've been paying the monthly fees for this NING site, about a year ago the cost tripled, I've looked into ways to raise money, I've asked Tourism NB to help out since they link to us for their Birdwatching Info.  

I could allow advertising but that means upgrading the site and a larger monthly fee.  Paid membership is out of the question, it too costs more and the site doesn't cost that much. 

I did start a PATREON ACCOUNT (under Birding New Brunswick) but it seems complicated and after a couple hours filling out forms I'm not sure if it even works.

If anyone knows of a related business that would like to support us in exchange for a mention and link to a website please let them know.  

Or if anyone would like to help out with a very small contribution that would be wonderful too.  

On Jimmy Dee's advice I started a gofundme campaign.  That seems perfect, we can do it once a year like PBS.

Views: 1352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I see BugGuide is hoping to raise $90,000.00. I hope they have more success than BNB which seems to be struggling to raise $1,500.00.

They're probably spending more time soliciting donations, I just don't have the time, I've spend a day on this thread and a couple days calling business (with zero luck).  What you guys sent me is a tremendous help.  

Dwayne, it has been several weeks since you asked us for donations.   Actually how much funds were raised by donations to BNB?  The Go Fund Me page shows $225.  There were folks who indicated on this thread they were sending money transfers and cheques for BNB. 

I made a donation to help keep BNB on-line.  I feel it would be great if you keep us informed of the total amount raised to date.

Yes, I did receive about a dozen cheques in the mail, as well as some paypal, to be honest I haven't opened the envelopes yet, I've been busy here trying to get caught up and I have the market tomorrow.  I plan on adding them all up on Sunday, I'll post here as well as in the comments section on go fund me. 

Thanks everyone and I will get around to thanking you all individually, I promise.  

I can't believe you were covering that on your own. Thank you so much! Seriously. And not just the cost, but the time.

I totally agree, Stephanie.  Thank you, Dwayne :)

Good for everyone who has contributed through GoFundMe or by other means but BNB can still use financial help.

Please consider a contribution of any amount.

Good Ralph. I think periodic reminders would help. This clearly cannot be a one shot deal. My cheque goes into the mail tomorrow.

Hi folks, finally got around to opening the mail and totalling the donations, we have a total of $661.00,  gofundme keeps a running total and I added the cheques, email transfers and paypal to the comments section.  

Thank you so much everyone.

Thank you for this information, Dwayne. Please keep us informed.

Thanks for the update Dwayne.   I have a pledge to those sitting on the fence, that use this site, and to all those lurkers here on this site, please make a donation today.  

Dwayne, l echo your thanks to all the folks that made a pledge to keep our BNB on-line; however, we still have some more work to do to reach the $1,500 goal that is needed for the upcoming year.

I have not been asked to voice here, I am doing this because I DO NOT want to see this fabulous site fail.  If every member put in just $5 Dwayne would reach that $1,500 goal in no time.

Please show your support for this awesome site we have to showcase our spectacular images, to learn from each other and not to mention the expertise and knowledgeable members we have here that answer all our questions and provide guidance in every aspect of the world of nature.  I don't think anyone that is a regular member would want to see this great gathering disappear into cyberspace.

So that is my pledge today!  Dwayne has $660 and he needs $1,500 a year now to keep BNB ALIVE!

Thank you.

Haven't been on the site lately so catching up.  Happy to donate as I have learned a lot from this site. 

Thanks Dwayne!

© 2018   Created by BNB Host.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service