The Saint John Naturalists Club had scheduled two trips to the Greenlaw Mountain Hawk Watch this week. Unfortunately, the forecasts for tomorrow’s trip (Sunday) and most likely for Wednesday’s trip are not conducive for hawk migration. As such, we have postponed tomorrow’s outing and will make the call on Wednesday’s trip by Monday evening.

Although this is disappointing, it is exactly this scenario that will, in all likelihood, result in a very big push of raptors as soon as the winds swing back to include a northerly component. There could be a very “big day” later in the week with thousand’s of hawks a probability. I am planning to lead trips to the Watch on Thursday and Friday and possibly Saturday depending on the flight forecasts provided by Official Counter, Todd Watts . As the rescheduling may mean that some of the people registered for the Sunday and Wednesday trips may not now be able to participate, we will likely have spaces for additional participants. If you are interested in going on any one or more of the Thursday, Friday and possibly Saturday trips, please register with Joanne Savage at or calling her at 847-4245 specifying which date(s) are open for you. We will do our best to accommodate one and all.

Image: Broad-winged Hawk, Greenlaw Mountain Hawk Watch< September 10, 2017

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

keep me posted

Taking registration for Friday at present Kelly... Thurs is fully subscribed and Wed. still doesn't look good.


© 2018   Created by BNB Host.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service