My partially leucistic Little Buddy -Black-capped Chickadee

It is so awesome to me to be able to see the same chickadee over the entire winter. I haven't seen him/her for a month now and was beginning to think I wouldn't see it again. I've been looking for days and finally today March 17, 2015 it returned! Yippee!

I first saw it Oct 30, 2014. I do want to post a list of sightings for my record of it. Instead of posting in the photo section each time I'll just add to this so all in one place. Most of these I've posted before ... all except the last one for now ... which I saw today March 17, 2015 ... all in my yard, New England Settlement, near Minto. I hope to add many more!

Oct 30, 2014 -1st sighting

Jan 5, 2015 - was surprised to see again!

Jan 17, 2015

Feb 3, 2015

Feb 7, 2015- wide angle lens P&S camera... its about 3 inches from my hand, looks further but its not. Come on Little Buddy, take the pebble from my hand ... but he saw a plump seed on the ground by my feet and went for that instead.

Feb 15, 2015 - two images

March 17, 2015

Below - added March 24, 2015 - 3 images

Also on this day took a short 30 second video https://youtu.be/MMwXDI2s-7E

************************************************************************************

************************************************************************************

Below - saw Lil Buddy again today April 8, 2015

Put on a nice show!

Lil Buddy flying

Lil Biddy thinking about taking a bath

Here is Lil Buddie's buddy taking a bath

Lil Buddy on a branch - last two pics for today

April 16, 2015

LIl Buddy starring in a movie, 39 seconds of fame!  - https://youtu.be/oiqkbrJgiNI

Lil Buddy relaxing on a branch after dinner..

*****************************************************************************************

May 8, 2015.

Lil Buddy came by and relaxed on the back deck for awhile.

Been here over 6 months now.

****************************************************************************************

Nov 1, 2015

Is this LIL Buddy returning almost exactly a year to the day from 1st time I saw him/her? Taken my back yard at 4:30 pm ... two images... hope too get more in the coming days.

****************************************************************************************

Nov 5, 2015

Lil Buddy dropped by early this morning for breakfast ... back deck around 8 AM

**************************************************************************************

Dec 3, 2015

Lil Buddy takes a seed from my hand! :D

***************************************************************************************

Dec 30, 2015

Lil Buddy getting ready for New Years

*******************************************************************************************

Oct 19, 2016

I did see Lil Buddy in early Jan 2016. Then he/she disappeared and thought that was it ... BUT to my surprise on Oct 19th, my birthday, Lil Buddy made an appearance!

*********************************************************************************************

Nov 8, 2016.

I have seen Lil Buddy out and about a few times the last week and did manage to get a few nice pics today, Nov 8, 2016. If Lil Buddy stays around ... this will be his/her third winter here in my yard. That is cool! I'm so happy to have him back again! :)

As a reminder of this date ... Lil Buddy is having a snack before settling down to watch the Clinton/Trump US Election coverage being held today.

******************************************************************************************

Dec 5, 2016

Lil Buddy having a late night snack, energy to keep warm for the night. Getting colder now with -10C for tonight.

******************************************************************************************

April 17, 2017

Lil Buddy not seen since Dec 5th 2016 (above) but returned April 17th 2017 and also seen April 18th. A few images taken on those dates below.

Tags: Black-capped, Chickadee, leucistic, partially

Views: 1257

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You're right Gail ... hmmm maybe just one crumb?

A truly amazing little bird - unlike most leucistic birds, this little guy's coloration looks completely "normal", as opposed to patches / scattered splotches of white.

He is John and its been here for 6 months now.

adorable!!!!

Yep he/she is Bev ... I have to agree!

My lil buddy chickadee was just by relaxing on the back deck. I added the image to bottom of main post under May 8, 2015. (bottom image just above) Has been here over 6 months now. First sighting was Oct 30, 2014.

Thanks for updating us on Lil Buddy!!  I am so glad he made it through the winter and is staying on with you!

When I had a pine warbler coming to my suet this year I felt so very attached to him so after one of our many storms when he didn't show up I was heartbroken.  He had lived through quite a few storms before that one, but obviously the winter had been tough on him.

Maybe he just went south to get out of the weather.

Glad you still have him/her Jimmy. It's really neat to be able to track one particular bird.

Thanks Joanne .. yes is nice to see it ... comes by every day I imagine if I really looked for it. As long as it shows up ... I'll keep posting it every now and then.

I have chickadees that have raised broods in my flagpole base for years now. There is a chickadee clan here that stems from these broods. They are always around and they are so cheerful and chipper despite weather, blizzard, hurricane etc. I think they must be a tough bunch. Of course they get fed well. They do know me and they light right next to my hand when I feed them. I can't tell one from another though, that is really special to have one you recognize as an individual.

Joyce

Your "little buddy" is so cute !!!

RSS

© 2018   Created by BNB Host.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service