All Discussions Tagged '2017' (60)

← Back to Moths of New Brunswick
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Two uncommon moths at Cormierville, Kent Co., 6 October 2017

Full moon, light SW wind and 14C at 9pm. Just did a check of the back and front door lights. One moth at each light. At the front door was…

Started by Stuart Tingley

2 Oct 10
Reply by Stuart Tingley

Eupsilia morrisoni - Morrison's Sallow - Hodges#9936 Oct 05, 2017 Quarryville Trap

Hadn't set the trap up in over a week.  Actually put all my containers in the shed...lol  What was I thinking!  Had two Catocala relicta an…

Started by Nancy Mullin

4 Oct 8
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Eupsilia morrisoni - Morrison's Sallow - Hodges#9936 Oct 05, 2017 Quarryville Trap

Hadn't set the trap up in over a week.  Actually put all my containers in the shed...lol  What was I thinking!  Had two Catocala relicta an…

Started by Nancy Mullin

0 Oct 6

Two Sallows - One is new and I thought the other was, too.......Sept. 22, 2017 in the Quarryville trap.

Numbers have been down the past few days, as the temps are cooler.  The C. relicta is usually out there every morning.  Sometimes in the…

Started by Nancy Mullin

2 Sep 25
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Catocala badia - The Old Maid - Hodges#8777 AKA Bay Underwing on MPG and BG

It's worn, and I wasn't going  to cool it down, as I know how difficult they can  be to ID.  I was pleasantly surprised to be able to easil…

Started by Nancy Mullin

1 Sep 23
Reply by Joanne Savage

Catocala crataegi - Hawthorn Underwing - Hodges#8858 Sept. 11, 2017

Happy to finally have a visit from this one!  It is very similar to the Catocala Blandula   Joanne had in 2015 and 2017.

Started by Nancy Mullin

5 Sep 23
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Catocala neogama - The Bride - Hodges#8798 Sept. 19, 2017 Quarryville

At first I was sure it was 8795, the Old Wife. They are so close in size, but 8795 is a bit smaller.  The yellow HW  and apical dash helpe…

Started by Nancy Mullin

6 Sep 21
Reply by Nancy Mullin

The Papaipema's drive me Crazy!! Also have a mysterious Fishia ? Sept. 17 2017 Quarryville

1. Papaipema unimoda - Meadow-Rue Borer - Hodges#9509Papaipema unimoda - ....thought I had it last yr. but wasn't sure....I think this is a…

Started by Nancy Mullin

13 Sep 19
Reply by Nancy Mullin

All 'New' Moths for Me...Aug. 28 to Sept. 6, 2017 Quarryville

Last night I finally had a normal Moth night!!  I set up the trap for the first time in over a week as I had company.  1. Euxoa messoria -…

Started by Nancy Mullin

12 Sep 9
Reply by Stuart Tingley

FOS Papaipema and some Favorites in Quarryville Aug. 2017

The Season is winding down and I usually get 1 new addition to my list, on most days.  Now in my third summer with Moth-ing, I am happy to…

Started by Nancy Mullin

5 Aug 24
Reply by Nancy Mullin

RSS

© 2017   Created by BNB Host.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service