All Discussions Tagged '2017' (48)

← Back to Moths of New Brunswick
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cold Nights, but the Moths keep coming to the Quarryville Trap...Aug. 2017

Had these over the past week or so.  The Sordid and Ultronia Underwings made a return this week.  I`ve had both before.  These are all new.…

Started by Nancy Mullin

3 23 hours ago
Reply by Joanne Savage

A Few new species for me in the Quarryville Trap. Aug. 10-11, 2017

It's been very slow the past couple of weeks.  I finally had a great night on Aug. 12 with my first visit from the Gallium Sphinx and had a…

Started by Nancy Mullin

2 on Tuesday
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Two Crambids and one very pretty Pyraustine in the Quarryville Trap Aug. 8-9 2017

I still have a few to ID and others cooling, but thought I'd get these out of the way today. 1. Pyrausta orphisalis - Orange Mint Moth - Ho…

Started by Nancy Mullin

5 on Monday
Reply by Imelda Wilmot

Some Cormierville (Kent Co.) moths from August 1-5, 2017

A few new or less routine moths from August 1-5, 2017. All attracted to lights at our home in Cormierville (Cocagne), Kent Co., NB. Precise…

Started by Stuart Tingley

0 Aug 9

Caloptilia serotinella 330159 / 0637 at Cormierville, Kent Co., on 1 AUG 2017 - new for NB?

This attractive Caloptilia came to our lights on the evening of August 1st and seems to match nicely with online images of C. serotinella. …

3 Aug 9
Reply by Stuart Tingley

Gerdana Moth (Gerdana caritella) 420008 / 1144 at Cormierville on 1 AUG 2017 - new for Maritimes?

This distinctive micro appeared at our lights early in the morning of August 1, 2017. Larval host plants for this species are reported to b…

3 Aug 8
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Not much for the past week. Here are a few new ones for the Quarryville Trap Aug. 4-5, 2017

A very slow week.  Did have the S.kalmiae (Laurel) on 3 nights, but probably the same one returning.  It was fresh. The pretty little Golde…

Started by Nancy Mullin

9 Aug 7
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Nycteola frigidana - Frigid Owlet - Hodges#8975 May 14, 2017 Quarryville

Hopefully I have the right ID for this one.  Haven't had it before.  I thought it was 8977 The Grey Midget, at first.  Had over 20 Moths la…

Started by Nancy Mullin

6 Aug 4
Reply by Nancy Mullin

What a difference a day can make! From the Quarryville Trap July 31 and Aug 01, 2017

July 31st was Awesome after a week of very cool nights with few moths.  Aug 1st was more normal... 1. Elophila icciusalis - Pondside Pyrali…

Started by Nancy Mullin

7 Aug 2
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Sphinx chersis - Great Ash Sphinx - Hodges#7802 MY FIRST!! July 31, 2017...Quarryville

It loved my trap and was resting quietly on top of an egg carton.  I've been wanting one since I've started. A LONG head!!

Started by Nancy Mullin

4 Aug 1
Reply by Nancy Mullin

RSS

© 2017   Created by BNB Host.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service