All Discussions Tagged 'Clearwing' (8)

← Back to Moths of New Brunswick
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Some new moths in Quarryville....June 8-10, 2018

The numbers are up and down, depending on the weather since Friday morning.  Best morning was yesterday.  Hardly any today.  1.Sideridis co…

Started by Nancy Mullin

3 Jun 12
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Hummingbird Clearwing

This one just sat on a leaf for 10 minutes (or longer as I left) so put the camera 3 inches from it and took a macro. Must have been taking…

Started by Jimmy Dee

6 Jun 21, 2017
Reply by Jimmy Dee

Hemaris diffinis - Snowberry Clearwing - Hodges#7855 Renous May 20, 2016

I was checking out some small ponds off Hwy 108 in Renous.  Was surprised to find this Moth.  It was kind enough to stay still for about 5…

Started by Nancy Mullin

4 May 20, 2016
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Nothing rare in Quarryville July 23, 2015 Daytime and nightime Moths

1. Hummingbird Clearwing, Hemaris tysbe,  Hodges 7852. pg. 265  Finally found one!! It was resting near a large batch of Dogbane, down alo…

Started by Nancy Mullin

6 Jul 26, 2015
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Daytime Moths, Fredericton, 2 June 2015

A bit of a trip through the UNB Woodlot and the DU Pond. Several moths seen, not all identified. Those that were are: ARCTIIDAE Arctiinae: …

Started by Chris Adam

4 Jul 3, 2015
Reply by Stuart Tingley

June 24 2015 F'ton Jnct 3 species

Quite a few greyish/whitish moths in the meadows; all very skittish and all diving down into or hiding behind foliage. Did manage to photog…

Started by Tony

1 Jun 26, 2015
Reply by Nancy Mullin

June 7 2015 Fredericton Field Trip

JD and I spent several very rewarding hours on the northside walking trail and some of the trails in the UNB woodlot. Lots of sightings and…

Started by Tony

5 Jun 8, 2015
Reply by Tony

Family SESIIDAE: Fireweed Clearwing (Albuna pyramidalis) and Lesser Peachtree Borer (Synanthedon pictipes) - Westmorland Co. - 23 June 2013

I NEVER see clearwing moths but today I stumbled upon three that appear to be two different species. Tony warned us in THIS DISCUSSION last…

Started by Stuart Tingley

9 Jul 28, 2013
Reply by Stuart Tingley

RSS

© 2018   Created by BNB Host.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service