All Discussions Tagged 'Tortricinae' (8)

← Back to Moths of New Brunswick
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A newish Tortricid for NB - Acleris braunana

I was sitting at the computer just now going over my collection of Stigmella leaf mines (Nepticulidae) when an email came though from BugGu…

Started by Chris Adam

1 Oct 27
Reply by Joanne Savage

3635 Oblique-banded Leafroller from red oak leaves

Another successful rearing: adult, pupa, caterpillar, tied leaves of red oak. Collected 1 June 2017 at Hyla Park, Fredericton. Cat photogra…

Started by Chris Adam

1 Jul 26
Reply by Nancy Mullin

3725 Maple-Basswood Leafroller

I found this clump of maple leaves along a trail beside the Oromocto River on 27 June. Curious, I collected it, took it home, and stuffed i…

Started by Chris Adam

2 Jul 8
Reply by Chris Adam

A few July micro moths from Cormierville (Cocagne), Kent County (Part 1)

I've been trying to photograph most of the smaller moths that appear at the front or back door lights in the evenings at my home in Cormier…

Started by Stuart Tingley

9 Aug 9, 2015
Reply by Stuart Tingley

Daytime Moths, Fredericton, 2 June 2015

A bit of a trip through the UNB Woodlot and the DU Pond. Several moths seen, not all identified. Those that were are: ARCTIIDAE Arctiinae: …

Started by Chris Adam

4 Jul 3, 2015
Reply by Stuart Tingley

Acleris nivisellana - 3510 Snowy-shouldered Acleris

This lovely little tortricid was (and still is) at my front door just now. The larva is known as the Apple Leaf Twister, and the adult's na…

Started by Chris Adam

5 Oct 15, 2014
Reply by Glenn Pinsent

3710 Sparganothis violaceana

Well, we have Stuflies, now we have Jimmy Moths. Jim has submitted to BugGuide the only two images of this moth in North America. Now I hav…

Started by Chris Adam

6 Jun 13, 2014
Reply by Stuart Tingley

Two moths at my front door

These two moths were at my front door just now: 1:30, 5 June 2014, Fredericton. They are: TORTRICIDAE Tortricinae: Amorbia humerosana - 374…

Started by Chris Adam

0 Jun 5, 2014

RSS

© 2017   Created by BNB Host.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service