A selection of the more uncommon moths photographed in our yard in Cormierville (Cocagne), Kent County, during the period July 24-31, 2017 (precise date on each photo).
1. Serrated Eulithis Moth Eulithis serrataria 910044 / 7208. I've had several of these beauties over the past two weeks. I posted one at the end of July last year which seems to be the only other one here at BNB. Garnet and gold were my school colours!
2. Visitation Moth Dyspyralis illocata 930669 / 8426. A bit worn but I'm pretty sure of the ID. Corrections welcome. I posted one here on BNB last year on July 24th (see HERE) which I believe may have been the first record for NB.
3. Clandestine Dart Moth Spaelotis clandestina 933554 / 10926. New for the yard.
4. Hanham's Owlet Moth Phalaenostola hanhami 930515 / 8365. I've had several of these appear over the past ten days.
5. Bicolored Moth Manulea bicolor 930217 / 8043. I had noticed this species many times at MPG but didn't realize it occurred in NB. Lots of dots for NB at MPG but this seems to be a first for BNB.
6. Square-patched Carpet Moth Perizoma basaliata 910159 / 7316. Photographed at the house on July 30th. A tiny carpet about the same size at Small Rivulet. The only other BNB record is one I posted from August 5, 2015. Seems to be rarely photographed (I had a different individual a couple of nights ago which I'll post separately).
7. Maple-basswood Leafroller Moth Cenopis pettitana 620417 / 3725. I've had a couple of very worn possible candidates in the past but this one is fresh and ID seems unquestionable. New for the yard.
And I wait!
Thanks Stuart...I see I used the camera flash..I like yours better. Wonder if I will get one this yr.? I should post the Bicolor and the Clandestine in my next group...hard to follow what I had and when, without posting on BNB..:)
Great line up Stuart, wow.
I don't think I have any of those.
Thanks, Imelda! You have all these to look forward to! :)