All Discussions Tagged 'Epitheca' (18)

← Back to Maritime Dragonflies and Damselflies
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

probably Common Baskettail

These were swarming at the Spednic lake PNA on June 16 2018. Paul thinks maybe Mantled Baskettail - Epitheca semiaquea; Common - E. cynosur…

Started by Tony

6 Jun 25
Reply by Stuart Tingley

Beaverpond Baskettail

Seen in UNB Woodlot across from Kents, This was seen by Gail and I May 21 2018 ... first of 2018 for us. Also saw two teneral bluets (possi…

Started by Jimmy Dee

4 May 23
Reply by Gail Taylor

Epitheca canis - Beaverpond Baskettail, teneral June 4th 2017, Quarryville

This one was out in the water in a nearby Beaverpond. I couldn't get a close-up of the cerci.  Another Teneral!!  What fun!

Started by Nancy Mullin

3 Jun 5, 2017
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Flight shots - Common Green Darner and a Baskettail

Got home and saw a darner cruising around the backyard so grabbed camera and snapped this .... on closer look I see it was a Common Green D…

Started by Jimmy Dee

7 Jun 8, 2016
Reply by Stuart Tingley

Odes along the Oromocto River, 3 June 15

This afternoon I walked some trails within a nice maple riparian habitat along the banks of the Oromocto River near the town of the same na…

Started by Chris Adam

15 Sep 3, 2015
Reply by Tony

Strange Beaverpond Baskettail behaviour

We all saw this pair during our Renous/Quarryville trip June 17 2015,. The male has grabbed the female around the anterior abdominal segmen…

Started by Tony

1 Jun 19, 2015
Reply by Nancy Mullin

June 14 2015 Fredericton

Visited the Nashwaaksis Stream to check for Gomphids. Water was high and fast covering all the gravel and sand bars; so long as it is not r…

Started by Tony

4 Jun 15, 2015
Reply by Stuart Tingley

Beaverpond Baskettail

I'm having trouble with this one. Cerci don't look long enough to be a Beaverpond B'tail ... 7 June 2015 at the larch swale near the kilns,…

Started by Chris Adam

1 Jun 8, 2015
Reply by Denis A. Doucet

June 4 2015 exuviae

JD and I found several exuviae at the edge of the Strip Mine Lake (Sunbury Co. rte 10 nr. Albrights Corner), most were Lancet Clubtails (Go…

Started by Tony

10 Jun 6, 2015
Reply by Tony

Beaverpond Baskettail meets a spider

Taken May 28, 2015, UNB Woodlot right behind Homedepot. I was watching this Beaverpond Baskettail - Epitheca canis, cruise back and forth t…

Started by Jimmy Dee

5 May 28, 2015
Reply by Nancy Mullin

RSS

© 2018   Created by BNB Host.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service