All Discussions Tagged 'NB' (11)

← Back to Maritime Dragonflies and Damselflies
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

possible Green-striped Darner (Aeshna verticalis) - Sep 10, 2016

While out driving on the Seven Mile Lake Road in Charlotte County trying to find Mottled Darners, I stopped at a small wet ditch where I sp…

Started by Gilles Belliveau

4 Sep 11, 2016
Reply by Gilles Belliveau

American Rubyspot at Fredericton Junction - Sep 4, 2016

Yesterday (Sep 3, 2016), I took a drive down to the site where Jimmy and Gail found a female American Rubyspot a couple of weeks ago in the…

10 Sep 10, 2016
Reply by Gilles Belliveau

Odes at McDougall Lake, Charlotte County - July 11, 2016

I've been wanting to see Vesper Bluets for years and after seeing Jimmy's recent report of Vesper Bluets at McDougall Lake, I decided to ta…

7 Jul 15, 2016
Reply by Nancy Mullin

The 2016 New Brunswick Odonata Season has (nearly?) arrived + Introducing the "iNaturalist Odonates du NB Odonata Project"

Hi all, With the warm weather we had over the weekend, I am convinced some Odonata have emerged in NB or are just on the verge of doing so.…

Started by Denis A. Doucet

8 May 9, 2016
Reply by Denis A. Doucet

Rusty Snaketail on the Miramichi river under the Quarryville Bridge, June 27, 2015

There were around 6-10 of these patrolling the edge of the river, along the rocks.  It was a battle to try to eat as many bugs as possible.…

Started by Nancy Mullin

5 Jun 28, 2015
Reply by Gail Taylor

Ebony Jewelwing June 25, 2015 at Smith Lake, Renous

A neighbour told me about  Smith Lake. It's on the way to Blackville, where I found this Broad-winged Damsel.  Also saw a couple of common…

Started by Nancy Mullin

0 Jun 26, 2015

Delta-Spotted Spiketail and River Jewelwing

Down along the southwest Miramichi River, June 24, 2015  Quarryville, NB....Haven't seen either of these before, so I was very excited!  Ho…

Started by Nancy Mullin

4 Jun 25, 2015
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Springtime Darner, teneral , June 17th Field Trip with Tony and Jimmy, Renous

I was thrilled, when Tony spied this newly hatched Darner.  The first Springtime Darner for me.  Lots of time for photos, as it wasn't flyi…

Started by Nancy Mullin

2 Jun 19, 2015
Reply by Nancy Mullin

Three Damselflies today...June 13, 2015

Checked out a road that is used to get to a hydro tower...Turns out it had a few goodies.  Finding the ID's for these are very difficult. …

Started by Nancy Mullin

3 Jun 14, 2015
Reply by Denis A. Doucet

Spotted Spreadwings still mating...Oct. 30th, 2014

Finally some sunshine for the Ode's and they were chasing each other when I arrived.  Counted maybe 7 or 8 in one spot....Down Midnight Lan…

Started by Nancy Mullin

13 Nov 2, 2014
Reply by Nancy Mullin

RSS

© 2018   Created by BNB Host.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service