All Discussions Tagged 'Sympetrum' (11)

← Back to Maritime Dragonflies and Damselflies
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Autumn Meadowhawk - Nov 9, 2017

Found one in the yard today. I was afraid the -8C temp last night may have done them in but this one survived. Yesterday I saw at least 6 i…

Started by Jimmy Dee

6 Nov 11
Reply by Gail Taylor

Last Dragonfly Contest - 2016

I'll take a early lead with this puppy ... seen July 29, 2016, UNB Woodlot, Fredericton. I don't suspect this one will last and take the sh…

Started by Jimmy Dee

1 Jul 30, 2016
Reply by Denis A. Doucet

We may have a winner

RE: 2014 BNB Autumn Meadowhawk Challenge If the weather stays nice and cold perhaps with a bit of snow today's (Oct 19 2014) vicinum could…

Started by Tony

5 Oct 20, 2014
Reply by Gail Taylor

Black Meadowhawk, Oct 18, 2014

Finally, found a black one....actually, the only one I got a picture yesterday...It was cloudy and rainy here for the last 3 days and I was…

Started by Nancy Mullin

5 Oct 20, 2014
Reply by Jimmy Dee

Autumn Meadowhawk

Poor little Meadowhawks ... I got into the bad habit of ignoring them (until Oct/Nov). Just so they don't feel neglected here is one with n…

Started by Jimmy Dee

3 Sep 10, 2014
Reply by Jimmy Dee

Black Meadowhawk in the GLM PNA

The 2nd and final year for the Grand Lake Bioblitz is well underway. I was sampling ants in a sphagnum bog (August 12 2014) when I came acr…

Started by Tony Thomas

3 Aug 14, 2014
Reply by Gilles Belliveau

A couple of Meadowhawks

July 24 2014 Wilkins Field Fredericton Both Cherry-faced and White-faced were flying there today; these are males; females present but not…

Started by Tony Thomas

2 Jul 25, 2014
Reply by Joanne Savage

Meadowhawk Madness Month @ Fundy National Park- September Sympetrum Silliness!

Hi all, The wonderful weather we are currently enjoying at times this month has certainly been great for observing fall species of dragonfl…

Started by Denis A. Doucet

9 Oct 1, 2013
Reply by Denis A. Doucet

Cherry-faced Meadowhawk (?)

Working through ode photos I collected over the summer, this is the first real snag I have encountered. I figure from the wings and clasper…

Started by Ken MacIntosh

4 Oct 31, 2012
Reply by Ken MacIntosh

Black Meadowhawk

Sympetrum danae, 17.ix.2012 Acadia Research Forest, sphagnum bog. I have rarely seen this species but yesterday there were a couple of pair…

Started by Tony Thomas

6 Sep 19, 2012
Reply by Stuart Tingley

RSS

© 2017   Created by BNB Host.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service